Saturday 9 May 2015

Hype Train: Asian Skin Care Haul

All aboard!

In my quest for skincare help during the beginning of this year, I stumbled across the Skincare Addiction Reddit Forum. Which then in turn lead me on the path to Asian Beauty Reddit Forum. Both of these forums have helped incredibly with improving my skincare routine.  Overall I have noticed that the SCA forum is more oily/acne based advice, whereas the Asian Beauty seems to have a greater variety of skin types and good advice for them.

However there is a *dark side*, they enabled the shopping!  I am still hunting down products that will stablise my skin.  I still love my Nivea Cream, but my dryness was getting worse.

So I eventually put in an order at RoseRoseShop, which is based in Korea and bought samples.  Do you know how excited I was to be able to buy samples?!
Just be aware that they charge shipping based on weight - so work out if it's more cost-efficient overall and keep an eye on products that have free shipping (I used that to my advantage in my second haul from there which-i-may-have-just-ordered-days-after-getting-this....).  I know here in Australia there is a considerable mark-up on products.  One item I bought from RoseRoseShop was ~AUS$8 (including the shipping cost share), if I bought that from a physical shop in Melbourne I would easily be looking at AUS$24 to AUS$30.  So this was very cost-efficient.  Its also difficult to source face masks, unless you regularly go to the CBD.
The Face Shop masks can retail for ~AUS$4 instore.  I could buy a pack of 3 masks for AUS$4 (again adding in the shipping cost share) via RRS, so this is a much more viable option.

I am trying to boost the amount moisture in my skin, when my skin is hydrated and smooth I look in my early 20's, but when its dry or recovering from allergies I can look late 30's (for reference I am 31, and I've been mistaken for a student in a class, not the teacher).

So here are some shots of my haul.  I've only *just* started trialling them because of a nasty allergic reaction which really ruined my skin.  Did not want to apply anything new until I was in the safe zone.



- [MIZON] Original Skin Energy Hyaluronic Acid 100 Samples 
- [MIZON] Multi Function Formula Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule Samples - started trialling on this
- [ETUDE HOUSE] Moistfull Super Collagen Ampoule Essence Samples 
- [MISSHA] Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence Samples
- [It's Skin] Pure Moisture Gel Samples
- [TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL] Pumpkin Sleeping Pack Samples (damn cute, damn damn cute samples)
- [THE FACE SHOP] Rice & Ceramide Moisture Emulsion - 150ml
- [LANEIGE] New Basic Trial Sample Kit - Normal To Dry Skin (the lids aren't all the same blue >_<)

I will be putting up a review on the Snail Repair Ampoule as soon as I finish all the samples.  I get 2-3 uses from one sachet as I only apply it in the evenings.

Mask part of the haul

-[3W CLINIC] Fresh Mask Sheet - Collagen
-[THE FACE SHOP] Real Nature Mask Sheets - Aloe
-[THE FACE SHOP] Real Nature Mask Sheets - Rice (I've tried this one already, so this was a repurchase)
-[MISSHA] 3D Bamboo Sheet Mask

So there we finally have my first Asian Skincare Haul,
Now my immune system needs to play fair...

What are you loving from your most recent hauls?

No comments:

Post a Comment