Thursday 19 May 2016

Lash lash, baby, lash lash, Current Mascaras!



I've been quite good in the past 12 months about changing mascaras every few months.  I am prone to eye problems so try to be vigilant about stuff like that.
I also randomly sanitise my eye products with ethanol.
But I digress,
Current favourite mascaras!

I've been playing around with a newer one, a stashed one, and a random purchase that was my reward for surviving a particularly tough week at work.
All of them have little rubber bristles - I did not realise that at all until I took photos.  But I have mentioned before that its my favourite brush type.




First up - Essence Plump no Clump (I think it's now discontinued?)
This is a nice natural looking mascara (by my standards).  A light coating that says "hey I have lashes and they are pretty" without being too dramatic.  And sometimes thats what you want from a mascara.  Just a little icing on the cake. The brush is a monster and I think I would use it more if it had a smaller brush.  The product is a really nice consistency and the brush doesn't get too much on it, so only minimal wipeoff needed.



Maybelline Lash Sensational
My new fav!  I was late to bandwagon for this nabbed one during the last Priceline 40% sale.  I have fallen in love.  So much in love that I've already bought a replacement from Chemist Warehouse.  Oh this just works so well.  I think it works better than last years favourite from Essence.  And you know it will be in a sale sooner rather than later so no fear of having to buy it full price.  With my allergy eyes, I don't want to pay heaps for something.  It is a wet formulation, but not a runny wet like Rimmel.  This has a heavier gel like consistency and builds nicely, but you do need to take off a lot of product when you take the brush out.  The little tiny combs on one side a great for getting mascara on the base of the lashes.

Revlon - (The one with the midget brush) Ultimate All-In-One
Ok.  I did not expect the brush to be SO DAMN TINY.  But it works.  I think I'll like it more as the formula dries a bit.  Same performance as the Essence one above, so in terms of saving money, I would repurchase the Essence mascara over this one (if it was still around).  It is a bit fiddly with the midget brush to get the lashes, more time and effort compared to the Lash Sensational.  So I'm a little "meh" on this one. I have much fear of stabbing my eyeball with this midget brush.


What's in your current mascara rotation?

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete