Monday 15 June 2015

Product Review: The Face Shop Aloe Mask

I read somewhere in the past week that sebum decreases in the skin during winter.  Which might partly explain why dry skin flare ups can happen more frequently in winter. Also external factors like heating etc.
I have epic dry skin right now.  It is ridiculous.

Today's mask (which I have just had on my face) is The Face Shop's Real Nature Aloe Mask.
I purchased three of these from RRS in my April haul, this is my second use of this "flavour".  It's a very soothing mask and provides great hydration.
Side note - I'm going to start masking every day I think because of how dry my skin is <sigh>

I took about 14 photos.  Only one worked,  I really need to start taking photos earlier in the day with better light and when I am more awake.  My poor little camera tries it best, I'm just impatient.

Ingredients:Water, glycerin, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, butylene glycol, alcohol denat, betaine, sodium hyaluronate, xanthan gum, hydrogenated lecithin, dimethicone, phaseolus radiatus extract, betula platyphylla japonica bark extract, rumex crispus root extract, carbomer, PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil, triethanolamine, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, fragrance

phaseolus radiatus : Mung Bean.  Listed as being good for cooling the skin, helping irritations and removing toxins.  Slightly anti-septic as well.
betula platyphylla japonica bark : Japanese White Birch.  Various studies (1) show that this helps reduce flare-ups of atopic dermatitis (maybe I need a vat of this alone!)
rumex crispus root : Curly Dock (I admit, I read this first as Curly Dork and laughed for a bit - I am in post-exams and post-report exhaustion) Also used to treat skin inflamamtions (like psoriasis and dermatitis)

Again there was around 10 ml of essence left over in the packet.  I'll use that in my routine tomorrow morning.

The scent is mild aloe, very inoffensive.  Soothing, easy to fall asleep with this on.
I left this mask on for 30mins tonight and was just beginning to dry out along the edges, but was still quite damp and I wiped the extra essence on my arms (sharing the love).

Unless I find another Aloe Mask that is better than this one, I will always keep a few of these in my stash.  Lovely times guaranteed!

How do you keep your skin hydrated in winter?


No comments:

Post a Comment