Monday 8 June 2015

Sheet Mask Review : Skin Food Hydro Fitting Snail Mask Sheet

It's the time of year for a teacher in Australia where there are mid-year exams and report writing happening AT THE SAME TIME.
Life just stalls for the month of June and then we have July holidays to recover.  I hauled hard and sensibly in May because I knew grown-up decision making would not happen with shopping in June.

Anyway, since jumping on the AB Train I have well and truly fallen in love with wearing sheet-masks (look there might just be an uber-order of masks coming from Sasa).  And snails.  

Snails get on mah face!

So today I'm reviewing a mask I got in an order a month or so ago (mixed order for myself and my brother whose skin a opposite to mine - that was a challenge).

Box of Happiness (snail angels singing)

Oh hi me in the shiny reflection


Comes with 5 in total.  I am rationing these delights of my life.



Ingredients 
Water, glycerin, dipropylene glycol, butylene glycol, alcohol, snail secretion filtrate, PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil, hydroxyethylcellulose, xanthan gum, cellulose gum, disodium EDTA, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, parfum

(I am too brain dead to analyse the above apart from SNAILS - and no plant allergens wooooo).

There is around 15mls of excess essence! I decanted it into a handy-dandy Daiso bottle and have been using since my Mizon Snail Ampoule samples ran out and I am waiting for my new bottles to arrive from RRS (lets just say my AM and PM routines are now longer, better, happier).

I always apply a hyaluronic serum before a mask (cleanse, tone, serum, mask) because I am trying to shove as much moisture into my skin as possible.

This type fitted very nicely (so far the best fit of the sheet masks I've been using) and the hydration was amazing.  I always have a tingle at the beginning of a mask - due to very sensitive skin - but my skin was glowy and bouncy after this.  I kept poking it and going "bouncy".  Bouncy skin was very rare before the AB routine.  

Heh - "bouncy".

If you like snails and you have skin prone to dryness and redness I would definitely recommend this.  I will buy more of these once I work through a portion of my mask stash. 

I will be posting some hauls soon when my RRS order and Sasa order comes in!  And I will posting about my updated routine later on in the month.

Let me know what your favourite sheet mask is in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment