Friday 25 September 2015

Addicted to Chi-Chi - Dem eyes (eyeshadows that dont irritate)

Having sensitive skin definitely means that eyeshadows can be a iffy product.  I have become very attached to the Chi-Chi palettes and have a collection of around 6, plus a travel palette kit.
I'm not really a single colour eye-shadow person - it annoys me having to hunt around for bits and pieces.

When I got into reading Beauty Blogs and watching channels on YouTube I was introduced to the "Naked Palette" range.  There is a serious hype-train-cult-following for this product range.

Look,honestly, there is no way I would be paying $75 or so here in Australia for anything makeup (mortgage,saving for renovations, generally baulking at forking out that much for stuff I wash off each day).  Especially as it was only in early March 2015 that the physical palettes were available in Australia.  So using my trusty friend "Google" I found some Australian reviews that suggested the Chi-Chi Nudes as a dupe for the Naked 1 palette.  When the Chi-Chi palette was next on sale (I think Target) I bought it to try.  I figured $12 to try something was not too painful overall.  Especially as I wasn't sure how much use I would get out of a Nude colour range.

I fell in love with this palette.

The very first colour in the pallete is a great highlighter shade.

I am quite surprised by this because I like to do colourful eyes and didn't think I would be turning to this palette as frequently as I have been.

It has become the most used eyeshadow palette in my collection and I have since acquired the Oasis, Mattes and Bronzes.
Oasis - probably the least used overall.

Mattes - really liked the fact that a whole palette is matte. Easily became a favourite  So pigmented!.

Bronzes


Then I "Stalked the Bae" on Instagram and saw MORE palettes.  Where I said "Hell to the yes!" and bought Sunsets and Mattes2 IMMEDIATELY.


Mattes2 - Warm and Cool nudes - surprisingly versatile


Oh, oh those purples in the Sunset palette.  Be still my heart.  And the copper.  I think this is equal favourite with the Mattes.


I have never had an allergic reaction from any shade.  Not have I found any of the glittery/shimmery shades irritating to my eyes.
The shades do benefit from having a primer underneath and I am a fan of Revlon's . Even without a primer they stay put all workday with only slight fading.  With the primer they last all day.  I have't noticed creasing, but I have dry skin and don't overall have issues with creasing.  More crepey issues when its very dry.
You can do a light wash or pat it on to get very intense colour.  Some colours are harder to blend than others, but the lightest colours in Mattes and Mattes2 are nice blending shades for my skin tone.

Will I buy more in the future.  Most definitely!

Chi-Chi is found in Target and Myer here in Australia.

What drugstore eyeshadow palettes have blown you away?  Or saved you a ton of money?

No comments:

Post a Comment