Saturday 11 April 2015

Addicted to: Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows


Such pretties.

In case we weren't sure from the above photo, I do love the Color Tattoos.  I have 13 currently and have seen somewhere a mint, a bright green and a pale blue.  I might have to acquire them the next time I see them.  Usually at the little makeup stalls that pop up in shopping centres.

Initially I bought three - the Taupe, Rose Pink and Grey.  After using them for a while I decided I needed all of them.  The hardest ones to get were the Barely Branded and Bad to the Bronze.  I managed to get two of them from Catch-of-the-Day as well - the Fuschia and Sandy, as I had not seen these in the shops.

As the name suggests, they do last all day, I haven't tried the "24hr" bit because well there has been no call for it...  To remove I do oil-cleansing in the evening (as I tend to have issues with eye-makeup removers) but the Garnier Miceller water also works with a few passes.  Makeup wipes don't seem to touch them at all.  If you use a specific eye-makeup remover, use one made for waterproof mascaras.

Annoying we here in Australia don't have near the range that the US has.  But I endeavour.
Now onto the pretties:

Too Cool : an iridescent white, sheer but you only need a little bit, a very light hand is needed. This could also work as a highlighter.  Feels like a hybrid of a cream and gel.
Audacious Asphalt :  a metallic grey (not as dark as I would like), but still buildable for a mid-smokey eye
Painted Purple: a bright metallic royal purple, very good colour payoff (however purple is my favourite colour so I am biased), but it is a little drier than most of the range.


Sandy Shores :  a shimmery sheer and iridescent yellow, very brightening
Bad to the Bronze : very pigmented bronze - I have used it as an eyeliner, very creamy
Tough as Taupe: the only matte I have seen in this range.  The texture is the driest of them, so makes it hard to blend on the eyelid.  Least favourite.


Tenacious Teal - reminds me of peacock feathers, this is gorgeous and great accent colour
Bold Gold - a rich mid-toned gold, its not near as bright as Sandy Shores,
Inked in Pink - looks lovely with the taupe for a quick day look, a metallic rose and applies easily,  The most used of the collection.
Silver Strike; VERY pigmented and is easy to over do and look like your eyelid is a disco ball
Barely Branded - a bright creamy beige that is shimmery, can be used as an eye-shadow base, great for the inner corner eye highlight.
Blue - a great midnight metallic blue, strong pigmentation, I like to use as an eyeliner
Fuschia - a bold and bright purple with good pigmentation

Ideally the formulations of these would be the same, but some are easier to apply than others.  I use a brush to apply these, usually a lipstick brush because the denser bristles pick up the product better. Warming up the product helps, as does working it over with a brush.  I dont use my fingers to apply these because I am not skilled.
I am planning to keep the little jars they come in as they are sturdy and made of glass.

I haven't had any sort of reactions to these products, which I why I have invested in them.  I believe they are a silicone based product and my skin doesn't have issues with silicone overall.

What have your experiences been with the Maybelline Eye Tattoos?
Any suggestions for other cream eyeshadows?

No comments:

Post a Comment