Wednesday 22 July 2015

Mizon WaterMax Moisture BB Cream

I have been on a hunt for a BB Cream as my skin has improved and I dont need 6 layers of foundation.
Here in Australia BB creams are, shall we say, orange.  Great for tanned skin.  I dont tan.
I tried Garnier (got it in a subscription bx that shall not be named), Nivea (let down city), samples from Maybelline (but Maybelline foundations always oxidise on me.  Not their concealers however..) and swatched Australis and my beloved Rimmel.
All were "Nopes", not even a "if I work it into my skin really well can I make it work?".  Oh and Australis oxidised like hell - my hand looked like someone had drawn a line in fake tanner.

So when I did my large haul from RRS I saw that Mizon had a BB cream that was also in their "free Shipping", and it was a respectable price, so I put it in the order.


Ingredients: Aqua, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, cyclomethicone, titanium dioxide, glycerin, butylene glycol, cetyl ethylhexanoate, sodium hyaluronate, cyclopentasiloxane, dimenthicone, crosspolymer, cetyl peg/ ppg-10/1 dimethicone, dsodium chloride, trehalose, natto gum, rosa hybrid flower extract, biosaccharide gum-1, sodium pca, sorbitol, glycine, alanine, proline, serine, threonine, arginine, lysine, glutamic acid, iris florentina root extract, viola mandshurica flower extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, glacier water, sea water, betula platyphylla japonica juice, hydrolyzed coralline officinalus extract, butyrospermum parkii(shea butter), mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (oluve) fruit oil, helianthus annus (sunflower) seed oil, oenothera biennis (evening primrose) oil, disodium edta, polymethyl methacrylate, Ci 77492, Ci 77492, Ci77499 , phenoxyethanol, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, fragrance

It is a hydrating BB Cream - I have not found a BB cream for dry skin in my search from Australian shops.  They were all (the ones I tried) for normal, or even oily skin, essentially containing salicylic acid and mattifying ingredients.  So that in itself was another point towards this product.

I am please with how it has turned out.  It is a close colour match for my Rimmel foundations, just a touch greyer but that does not faze me overly as once you do the rest of your makeup you cant see any grey.  This BB cream doesn't inflame my skin at all (giving dark looks to a Nivea BB cream) and it doesn't dry out over the day so I still have a nice soft dewy look.  If my skin is a little flakey it will "catch" on the flakes, so use this on moisturised skin so it has a smooth base - or use a primer.

I cant use it when my skin is inflamed however, as it is too sheer for that even when layered and I think it oxidises if I layer it under my Rimmel foundation, but by itself it works very well.  I will definitely use this up.  If I cant find a better one (also trying out samples of Etude House Precious Minerals BB creams) I might repurchase it.

What BB Creams have impressed you recently?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this great post. i find it very interesting and very well thought out and put together. I look forward to reading your work in the future.
    best bb cream for dry skin

    ReplyDelete