Saturday 3 October 2015

Sheet Mask Review : LoveMore Rosa Hybrida Whitening Mask Sheet

Le Sigh.
Short and sweet today.

In case we had not figured out yet, I love roses : the flowers, the scent, the turkish-delight.
This mask did not make me sigh with joy or satisfaction.

The scent is a lovely light rose, so that was nice.

But apart from that, ehhhhh meh. I think I only left it on for 15 minutes.  This was not a soothing mask for me.  The sheet was very thin and a bit delicate - I think I prefer something heftier in my masks.  The mask has a blue backing plastic and another fabric-y backing so you need to take it out of another package after you take it out of its package.... I don't mind one backing layer but this was fiddly and I was worried I was going to tear the mask itself.


There was something in the ingredients which irritated my skin, so there was a "reddening" not a "whitening" effect.  And that is not desirable.  I cant pinpoint exactly what it was however which is somewhat useless.  I am going to assume it is not the rose ingredients them-self as I have used pure rose water before with no irritation and currently use a rose-water based toner (my routine has changed....massively.  Update as soon as I get the photos done!).  Maybe the sea-water (which I can test as I have amassed quite a few "sea-water" based masks) or a preservative (which does seem more likely with my allergies).



It came in a box of 5, so I will give it another whirl, but if its still irritating then I shall gift them to my sheet-mask buddy.
Would I repurchase - no.  I have several other rose flavoured masks to try in my stash (I, uh, counted them yesterday and I have around 118 sheet masks.  I've got a fair few to get through) and this was not memorable enough to be repurchased immediately (like the SkinFood Snails - got two backup boxes in my last haul from RRS!!).

What favourite flavour/ingredient of yours has let you down before?

No comments:

Post a Comment